Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Being Charitable

The charity i have chosen strikes close to home for me. It is the St. Judes Children's Research Hospital. This non-profit charity is a pediatric treatment and research facility focused on children's catastrophic diseases. It was founded in 1962 by Danny Thomas.

This charity is important for me because when i was young,  one of my closest friends was diagnosed with leukemia. I remember the day he was gone and hearing from my teacher on what had happened. He was sent to the St. Judes Hospital of Phoenix. He was treated and was put into remission. He still lives today. I have been in support of this Hospital ever sense because these hospitals save the lives of children, and the life of my friend.

At my work, we have a donation with each checkout. We ask every customer if they would like to donate to the St. Judes Research hospital. I try to ask as many people as i can. If i ever go shopping at my work, i am sue to donate every single time. Because of my job, i am able to donate and support the St. Judes Research Hospital.

St Judes Website
www.stjude.org/

  

No comments:

Post a Comment